This Mandap replaces the need to build a temporary mandala using colorful powder. Since the Mandal is made of brass it already is believed to be pure providing a cleansed space to do bhai tika ritual. The brass mandap is engraved with Astamangal (eight auspicious symbols) to help bring all necessary good energy to your bhai tika ritual.
Mandap is a temporary platform made in front of person or deities for worshiping purposes. The platform provides a pure and cleansed space to perform praying rituals. Mandap is also used during a special occasion during Tihar in Nepal called Bhai Tika – a day of praying for brothers by sisters.
Astamangal is a group of eight (asta) auspicious (mangal) symbols known in Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism. Each symbol has meaning and different value from spiritual viewpoint.
- Conch represents the pervasive sound of dharma (truth) and said to awaken disciples from the sleep of ignorance to seek for truth and welfare.
- Endless Knot represents the ultimate unity symbolizing enlightenment through union of compassion and wisdom.
- Lotus symbolizes divine beauty and purity of body, speech, and mind regardless of muddy water.
- Vase represents health, longevity, wealth, prosperity, and wisdom as true treasures of life.
- Two Goldfish represents being in a state of fearlessness without danger of drowning. It also symbolizes two sacred rivers of India – the Ganges and Yamuma. The mythical belief is the river originated from the nostrils of the fish and carry the alternating rhythms of breath (prana or life).
- Banner (Dhwaja) symbolizes victory over pride, desire, disturbing emotions, and fear of death which Buddha attained during enlightenment.
- Precious Umbrella represents the protection of beings from illness, harmful forces and all kinds of temporary enduring of life.
- Golden Wheel symbolizes the auspiciousness of the turning of the precious wheel of life. As believed in doctrine of Buddhism, the holy experience of wholesome deeds and liberation.
Note: These products are made by hand, minor imperfections / differences in shape, size and color can happen and are part of the charm of a handmade product.